Did you know?
* His plan for an "English bac" draws on elements of European systems structured around compulsory core subjects with a single, multi-level award
* Students will put together their own learning programmes. For example, a would-be engineer will be able to choose a package of science options and extra maths
* Coursework will be replaced by an extended research project, which could be a video or a performance
* Students can take exams when they are ready, so creating mixed-age classes (with brighter pupils moving more quickly through school)
* Teacher assessment will be key; as will vocational projects, with elements of vocational training starting at 14