What possible incentives can we offer to teachers Chelsea and Gordon (TES, June 27) "soldiering" on to 65 under the new pensions arrangements ?
Here is my list; readers can add others:
* padded, motorised zimmer-frames as a right after the age of 50;
* free issues of minister David Milband's youthful elixir;
* "fast tracking" into private health care;
* free Viagra, plastic surgery, and gene therapy;
* Ofsted-exemption vouchers for the over 45s;
* pension settlements at least as favourable as those for MPs;
* their own personal civil servant to deal with all their paperwork; and most importantly of all
* classes without children for their last five years of teaching.
But even these might not be enough...
Professor Colin Richards
1 Bobbin Mill