There are seven long-term residential colleges in the UK providing access to HE courses for which formal educational qualifications are not required.
* Plater college, Oxford (1921) No of students who completed HE access courses in 2002-03 77Pass rate 94%Number progressing to HE 41 (53%)www.plater.ac.uk
* Ruskin college, Oxford (1899) No of students who completedCert HE 2002-03 124Number of students who passed Cert HE 2002-03 83 (67%)Number progressing to HE 56 (45%)www.ruskin.ac.uk
* Fircroft college, Birmingham (1909) No of students on Access to HE course in 2002-03 32Pass rate 77%Number progressing to HE 21 (65%)www.fircroft.ac.uk
* Northern college, Barnsley (1978) No of students who completed access to HE courses 68Pass rate 91%Number progressing to HE 52 (76%)www.northern.ac.uk
* Hillcroft college, Surbiton, Surrey (1920) No of students enrolled on Certificate in HE 2002-03 36Achievement 77%No progressing to HE 20 (55%)www.hillcroft.ac.uk
* Coleg Harlech, WEA (NW) (2001) No of students completed University of Wales Foundation Course in 2002-03 87Pass rate 65%No receiving university offers 5www.harlech.ac.uk
* Newbattle Abbey college, Dalkeith, Midlothian (1935) No of students completing the access course 60Pass rate 80%No progressing to HE 40www.newbattleabbeycollege.co.uk