Did you know?
* No one seems to know where the term "junk food" originated, but the Food Standards Agency is currently working on a definition, using a model that rates the nutrient, fat, sugar and salt content
* In their early marketing, manufacturers of fizzy drinks emphasised the medicinal benefits of their products
* The food industry spends pound;22 billion on advertising: more than the gross domestic product of 70 per cent of the world's nations
* Children are eating the equivalent of eight chocolate bars a day more than their grandparents
* The number of obese six-year-olds has doubled over the past 10 years, with numbers trebling for 15-year-olds. One in five children is now considered obese