License to fly

7th February 2003 at 00:00
Group leaders booking overseas trips should always ensure that the travel companies they book with hold an Air Travel Organisers' License (ATOL). The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) which manages the ATOL scheme ensures that customers are financially protected if the tour operator goes out of business. The CAA has produced a leaflet explaining how teachers can ensure which companies are licensed. Call 020 7453 6430 or send an email to: for a copy of Financial Protection for Overseas School Trips.

Subscribe to get access to the content on this page.

If you are already a Tes/ Tes Scotland subscriber please log in with your username or email address to get full access to our back issues, CPD library and membership plus page.

Not a subscriber? Find out more about our subscription offers.
Subscribe now
Existing subscriber?
Enter subscription number


The guide by your side – ensuring you are always up to date with the latest in education.

Get Tes magazine online and delivered to your door. Stay up to date with the latest research, teacher innovation and insight, plus classroom tips and techniques with a Tes magazine subscription.
With a Tes magazine subscription you get exclusive access to our CPD library. Including our New Teachers’ special for NQTS, Ed Tech, How to Get a Job, Trip Planner, Ed Biz Special and all Tes back issues.

Subscribe now