Magnet craze

2nd June 2000 at 01:00
A NINE-YEAR-OLD girl has received emergency treatment at Sheffield children's hospital after swallowing 12 industrial-strength magnets.

She was following a fashio sweeping Sheffield where girls use magnets to give the impression of body-piercings. A hospital spokesperson said the craze had become "life-threatening".

Subscribe to get access to the content on this page.

If you are already a Tes/ Tes Scotland subscriber please log in with your username or email address to get full access to our back issues, CPD library and membership plus page.

Not a subscriber? Find out more about our subscription offers.
Subscribe now
Existing subscriber?
Enter subscription number


The guide by your side – ensuring you are always up to date with the latest in education.

Get Tes magazine online and delivered to your door. Stay up to date with the latest research, teacher innovation and insight, plus classroom tips and techniques with a Tes magazine subscription.
With a Tes magazine subscription you get exclusive access to our CPD library. Including our New Teachers’ special for NQTS, Ed Tech, How to Get a Job, Trip Planner, Ed Biz Special and all Tes back issues.

Subscribe now