National Energy Action booklets on living away from home

16th June 2000 at 01:00
Making the transition from home to independent living is a challenge to even the most confident youngster. National Energy Action has produced a CD-sized pack of three booklets full of helpful, unpatronising advice. Your Money covers budgets, rent agreements, TV licences, council tax and similar topics. Your Fuel deals with gas and electricity metering, saving on hot water and lighting, and practical energy efficiency. Your Safety focuses on issues suchas ventilation, faulty wiring and appliances. The emphasis is on making responsible choices. The pack provides both guidance for young people and reassurance for their apprehensive parents. The pack, called Your Move, is obtainable from National Energy Action, St Andrew's House, 90-92 Pilgrim St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6SG Tel: 0191 261 5677 Fax: 0191 261 6496. Website:

Contributions from Tom Deveson and Mary Cruickshank

Log-in as an existing print or digital subscriber

Forgotten your subscriber ID?


To access this content and the full TES archive, subscribe now.

View subscriber offers


Get TES online and delivered to your door – for less than the price of a coffee

Save 33% off the cover price with this great subscription offer. Every copy delivered to your door by first-class post, plus full access to TES online and the TES app for just £1.90 per week.
Subscribers also enjoy a range of fantastic offers and benefits worth over £270:

  • Discounts off TES Institute courses
  • Access over 200,000 articles in the TES online archive
  • Free Tastecard membership worth £79.99
  • Discounts with Zipcar,, Virgin Wines and other partners
Order your low-cost subscription today