- Hangleton Infant School in East Sussex is celebrating a major turnaround after Ofsted judged it to be outstanding in a recent visit. The school failed an Ofsted visit back in 2000.
- It may have been the coldest winter for 30 years, but Year 7 and 8 pupils at Durham School put in a hot performance in their February "Symbols". More than 50 per cent achieved ten or more excellent grades on their certificates, which were introduced to reward effort.
- Inspired by watching the Vancouver Winter Olympics, pupils from Ludworth Primary School in Durham were the first to try new curling lessons, which are running at Durham Winter Ice Rink until Easter.
- Pupils at Royal Grammar School Worcester smashed their target of raising #163;10,000 for the children of Haiti in just one week, by banking #163;22,923. The goal looked ambitious, especially as day one raised just #163;101.
- Gareth Doodes will become the new head at Milton Abbey School in Dorset in September when Jonathan Hughes-D'Aeth leaves to take up the headship of Repton School, Dubai.
- Emily Rudd from Finborough School near Stowmarket will compete in the regional final of the Rotary Young Chef 2010 after winning the district heat. She is pictured left with St Edmundsbury mayor Patricia Warby.