NQT buzz from the TES forums
- How can you deal with questionable language surfacing from pupils (www.tes.co.ukbadlanguage)? Rihlana has had parents complain about racist comments directed towards their child, whereas laticsbird has noticed one of her pupils has a "dubious" slogan written in the back of her planner. Fellow posters have made suggestions and our resident behaviour expert Tom Bennett has a few techniques that could be considered unorthodox...
- Agiuga wonders if at their school, the pupil's word always takes precedence over the teacher's after major problems surfaced with two Year 10 boys who have a tendency to throw things at teachers (www.tes.co.ukthrowingthings). There's little in way of support from the senior leadership team. Dobbinstar, meanwhile, thinks the school is not taking its duty of care for staff and other pupils seriously.
- Looking for behaviour sanctions that really do work? NQT lillipad has asked for some help (www.tes.co.uksanctions) and pinkflipflop has provided some invaluable tips.
- Secondary science is proving hard work for an NQT who has had enough of school (www.tes.co.ukleavingearly). Ead503 doesn't want to leave the department in a mess at short notice, but is considering resigning and not coming back in January. VJ32 offers some positive encouragement: "This is the most difficult term, things will get easier after Christmas." Let's hope the same goes for everyone.
- Get behaviour advice at www.tes.co.ukbehaviour from our experienced teacher Tom Bennett. For advice on everything related to your induction year from teacher trainer James Williams go to www.tes.co.uknqtforum.