Out? Not if you want to lead a Catholic school (8 February)
- It's astonishing that the anachronistic practices of the Catholic Church and the religious segregation of our education system are tolerated.
- Time to question the validity of secular funding for all so-called faith schools.
- Sickening, but non-surprising small-mindedness from one of the largest organisations on earth that needs to rethink its stance on glass houses.
- How can a group of men (who have no experience of married life, having children, going through divorce etc) pass such judgements? They preach to us through their faith not to judge each other and to have respect for each other. Yet they don't recognise women as equals in their religion, so there is no chance of them respecting gays or divorcees. They are clinging to their "traditional" ideas, circa AD100, when men wrote the Bible.
Silence is golden (8 February)
- Susan Cain's book Quiet is excellent and a bit of an antidote to the high-five culture of Curriculum for Excellence being forced on to our weans.
Something to write home about (8 February)
- Just read the article on the Moray primary creating an online portrait of its 150-year past - fascinating stuff.