* "No external networks operating currently, like reinventing the wheel with everyone operating in isolation."
* "Advisory service is top heavy with managementquality assurance officers, so absolute minimum of support to schools at any subject level."
* "There seems to be no driving force in Scotland. Any new initiative seems to be imposed by government or SQA."
* "Intermediate 2 exam poorly prepares for Higher. The exam tests little beyond the basic aspects with very little reasoning, application or integration of knowledge and skills - all essential for the potential Higher candidate."
* "New (faculty) head not a mathematician, great at paperwork but no experience of specific challenges facing maths teachers. No one with vision, new ideas and drive to take them forward."
* "Increased pressurestress on ordinary classroom teachers. Lack of promotion prospects."