1. The name of what entertainment, first popularised in Japan, can be translated as "empty orchestra"?
2. Which horse won the Grand National in 1992, within days of a General Election?
3. In New Zealand, in which month do the clocks go back, although this is likely to be changed in 2008?
4. Which female singer performed Oscar-winning songs with Joe Cocker in 1982 and Bill Medley in 1987?
5. Which branch of the British armed forces is the oldest? It is generally considered to have been founded in the 9th century.
6. What does DVD stand for (as in the media format)?
7. How many people are there in each boat for the Oxford and Cambridge boat race?
8. What New York skyscraper was the tallest building in the world from 1931 to 1972?
9. Which TV series followed a French cafe owner in the village of Nouvion?
10. What is the US postal code abbreviation for the state of Oklahoma (two letters)?
2. Party Politics
4. Jennifer Warnes (Up Where We Belong with Joe Cocker and (I've Had) The Time of My Life with Bill Medley)
5. The Royal Navy
6. Digital Versatile Disc (or, previously, Digital Videodisc)
7. 9 (8 oarsmen, 1 cox)
8. Empire State Building
9. 'Allo 'Allo