* Compare the two versions of the creation story in Genesis 1 and 2.
* Look at the names of books included in the Bible. Is there anyone in the class who shares a name with one of the writers? Who in the class was named after a character from the Bible?
* Read a passage from the Bible in the King James Version, then in a modern translation. How do the words differ? Which is easiest to understand? Discuss why the Bible has been translated so many times.
* Make a collection of Bibles and arrange them as a display. Talk to the class about what they are for and how they are used.
* Make a copy of the Biblical time line. Give out a selection of information books about the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. Ask children to add events that were taking place in these civilisations during Old Testament times.