* Read a bible story to the class and then ask two pupils to retell it. Notice differences in the two versions and discuss the way in which stories can change when they are retold.
* Compare the two versions of the creation story in Genesis 1 and 2.
* Look at the names of books included in the Bible. Is there anyone in the class who shares a name with one of the writers? Who in the class was named after a character from the Bible?
* Read a passage from the Bible in the King James Version, then in a modern translation. How do the words differ? Which is easiest to understand? Discuss why the Bible has been translated so many times.
* Make a collection of Bibles and arrange them as a display. Talk to the class about what they are for and how they are used.
* Make a copy of the Biblical time line. Give out a selection of information books about the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. Ask children to add events that were taking place in these civilisations during Old Testament times.