- What's your favourite subject and why?
English or art because I'm creative and like subjects where every piece of work is individual and there is no correct answer.
- What makes a good teacher?
One who gets to know pupils as individuals. A bad teacher won't make an effort to get to know pupils personally.
- What do you most like and dislike about school?
I like the pupilteacher relationships because you can work better knowing help is there if you need it. There's nothing I dislike.
- What's the best lesson you've ever had?
In Year 9 geography we played the "trading game" where in teams of four you trade classroom objects such as paper, protractors, scissors and rulers. The resources are then taken to the "bank" and noted down as profit. The team with the most profit wins. When we finished the game we realised every team had started with a different amount of resources, some at a severe disadvantage, representing the poorer and richer countries in the world.
- What stops you learning?
Teachers who don't make any effort to make their lessons interesting or excite their pupils. If I'm bored, I lose interest early in the lesson and find it hard to get back on track.
- What makes a good school?
Interesting teachers and a good learning environment where you feel safe and can make strong friendships. You are less vulnerable to bullies if you have good friends.
- If you were headteacher, what would you introduce at your school?
It is hard to comment - my dad is the headteacher.
- What would you like to be when you are older?
I'd like to work in public relations, journalism or advertising because they involve interacting with other people and can be creative.
- How do you think society sees young people?
Society sees young people as a burden, which is wrong. It is the minority of youngsters who ruin it for everyone else. There are many young people with high ambitions who aren't into drugs or alcohol or the knife scene.
- What's your favourite slang word and what does it mean?
Legend. It is used to describe someone who, in your opinion, is amazing.
- What are your favourite hobbies?
Playing my musical instruments. I'm grade six piano and clarinet and have taught myself guitar as well. I also like to do Ten Tors, a 35-mile walking challenge on Dartmoor.
- What's your most treasured possession?
My iPod because I love listening to music. And when you are bored with a certain artist, you can delete them and add a new one.
- What celebrity would you most like to be?
James Bond. Although he is a fictional character, it would be amazing to spend a day as a secret agent.
- If you had a superpower what would it be?
Invisibility. You could spy on people anytime, anywhere .
- "If I was prime minister for a day I would ."
Move into Downing Street and have a party.
- "I wish adults would sometimes ."
Give young people a break. There is only a certain amount of advice they can give. Then it is up to us.