* National Association for Gifted Children (www.nagcbritain.org.uk). Tel: 0845 430022.
* The National Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth (www.warwick.ac.ukgifted). Tel: 02476 574213.
* www.xcalibre.ac.uk. Website listing a variety of resources suitable for more able students.
* National curriculum guidance for more able students, organised by subject (www.nc.uk.netgtindex.html).
* Maths enrichment activities for all ages (www.nrich.maths.org).
* www.worldclassarena.org - details of how to enter for world class tests, plus a maths challenge so students can have a go.
* Federation of Children's Book Groups (www.fcbg.org.uk). Tel: 0113 258 8910.
* The Book Trust (www.booktrust.org.uk).
* Puffin (www.puffin.co.uk).
* Tomorrow's Achievers - Gabbitas (020-7734 0161) www.gabbitas.co.uk and www.masterclasses.co.uk.
* Young Writer magazine online (www.mystworld.comyoungwriter). Tel: 01544 318901.
* Exceptionally Gifted Children, by Miraca UM Gross (RoutledgeFalmer, pound;19.99).
* Teaching the Very Able Child: developing a policy and adopting strategies for provision, by Belle Wallace (David FultonNACE, pound;17.95).
* Gifted Young Children: a guide for teachers and parents, by Louise Porter (Open University Press, pound;17.99).
* Curriculum Provision for the Gifted and Talented in Secondary School, and Curriculum Provision for the Gifted and Talented in Primary School, both by Deborah Eyre and Hilary Lowe (David FultonNACE, pound;16 each).
* Brilliant Activities for Gifted and Talented Children (That Other Children Will Love Too), by Ashley McCabe Mowat (Brilliant Publications, pound;13.50).
* Meeting the Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted and Talented Children, edited by Michael Stopper (David FultonNACE, pound;17).
* Challenging the More Able Language User, by Geoff Dean (David FultonNACE, pound;17).
* Teaching Gifted Children 4-7, by Valsa Koshy (David Fulton, pound;15).
* Teaching Mathematics to Able Children, by Valsa Koshy (David Fulton, pound;16).
* Parenting and Teaching the Gifted, by Rosemary Callard-Szulgit (Rowman amp; Littlefield, pound;16.95).