* BBC Schools Radio Something to Think About assembly resources (www.bbc.co.ukschoolradiocollectiveworshipstta.shtml).
* DfES Teachernet assembly materials (www.teachernet.gov.ukteachingandlearningassemblies).
* Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge (SPCK) www.assemblies.org.uk.
* School Assemblies for Busy Teachers (www.schoolassemblies.btinternet.co.uk).
* Collective worship resource (Culham Institute) www.culham.infocwindex.html.
* Education in Human Values (www.ehv.org). June Auton, Lower Wallbridge Farm, Dowlish Wake, Ilminster, Somerset TA19 ONZ. Tel: 01460 52499.
* British Humanist Association (www.humanism.org.uksitecms). Includes legal guidance and ideas for secular assemblies.
* A Primary Teacher's Guide to RE and Collective Worship, by Geoff Teece (Nash Pollock Publishing, pound;12.99). Tel: 01865 247885.
* Rainbow World - poems from many cultures, compiled by Debjani Chatterjee and Bashabi Frazer (Hodder Children's Books, pound;10.99). An eclectic collection aimed at seven to 13-year-olds. Should be a much dipped-into resource for junior school assemblies.
* The Christingle School Assembly Pack from the Children's Society contains material for six assemblies based on the society's work with children who live in deprived communities, runaways, children who have been excluded from school and young teenagers held on remand in adult prisons. Copies available from the Children's Society's field services department on 020 7841 4521.
For a full list of resources, see www.tes.co.uk