* Trust for the Study of Adolescence (www.tsa.uk.com) runs events and publishes information and advice for parents and teachers on a range of teenage issues. Tel: 01273 693311.
* The Samaritans (www.samaritans.org) can give support through local branches. The organisation also publishes information for schools and research undertaken by the Oxford University Centre for Suicide Research.
* Life Stinks and Life's Tuff provide workshops, books and courses about teenage depression, suicide and self-harm (www.pactsolutions.co.uk). Tel: 01434 689584.
* The Depression Alliance website (www.depressionalliance.org) contains information about symptoms and treatments of depression.
* The Mental Health Foundation (www.mentalhealth.org.uk) publishes information on all aspects of mental health, including where to get help.
* Mind (www.mind.org.uk) has more than 200 local branches and publishes a range of books and leaflets. Tel: 08457 660163.
* Papyrus is devoted to helping prevent young suicides (www.papyrus-uk.org). Tel: 01706 214 449 (Tuesdays and Thursday mornings, Wednesday afternoons).
* YoungMinds (www.youngminds.org.uk) provides information and advice to anyone concerned about the mental health of a young person. Tel: 020 7336 8445 (information and publications) or 0800 018 2138 (information service for parents).
* Alpha Films (tel: 01473 683068) produces a video with support notes aimed at opening up the subject of teenage suicide with school groups.