* The TBF website (www.teachersupport.org.uk) provides "practical and emotional support" for teachers under physical or mental strain.
* www.worklifesupport.com has details of the Well-Being programme as well as information about workplace counselling.
* Beneden Healthcare (www.benenden-healthcare.org.uk).
* Statistics on teacher absence rates can be found at www.dfes.gov.ukrsgatewayDBSFRs000395index.shtml and www.cipd.co.uksubjectshrpractabsenceempabs03.htm?IsSrchRes.
* Ill Health, Retirement and Absenteeism Amongst Teachers (November 2000) by Tony Bowers and Malcolm McIver is available from the DfES publications department. Tel: 0845 6022260.
* The Well Teacher, by Maureen Cooper (Network Educational Press, pound;6.95).
* HR Wigwam - attendance management consultants (www.hrwigwam.co.uk). Tel: 01604 883541.
* All the main union websites carry information about sick pay entitlements.