* Arts Council: www.artscouncil.org.uk; tel: 0845 300 6200. The website has links and contact details for all English regions as well as details of current and past projects. The best practice guidelines, Artists Working in Partnership with Schools, can be downloaded from the website.
* Arts Council Wales: www.artswales.org.uk; tel: 029 20 376500.
* Scottish Arts Council: www.scottisharts.org.uk; 0131 226 6051.
* Creative Partnerships. Not all areas are yet covered by Creative Partnerships, but the programme is due to expand during 2005-6. Check the website for details. www.creative-partnerships.com.
* ArtSway: www.artsway.org.uk; tel:01590 682260.
* Bedlam Theatre Company: www.bedlamtc.co.uk.; tel: 01872 272695.
* English National Opera: the Baylis Education Team can organise residencies and long-term schools projects in specific inner-London boroughs. See website for catchment area. www.eno.org; tel: 020 7739 5808.
* Gasworks: www.gasworks.org.uk.
Residency programme, tel: 020 7587 5202.
* The Poetry Society: www.poetrysociety.org.uk; tel: 020 7420 9880.
* Poetry Class has its own website at www.poetryclass.net.
* Literary residencies are also part of the Writing Together project run by the Book trust. See: www.booktrust.org.uk writingtogether.
* Scottish Dance Theatre: www.scottishdancetheatre.comhome; tel: 01382 342600.
* Unicorn Theatre: www.unicorntheatre.com. For education department, tel: 020 7697 1160.
* Details of the residency at the Institute of Child Health are on www.strangebedfellows.net.