An hour of darkness
On 31 March, people worldwide will be reminded why switching off our lights and computers for one hour can make a difference to our planet. Join in with the TES Earth Hour collection of resources:
- To start: Mark Cowan shares his poem The Only One We've Got.
- Get interactive: NGfL Cymru has shared whiteboard activities, case studies and investigations to support climate change teaching.
- Get active: Pupils can develop the energy-savers of tomorrow with a "Build the Best" wind turbine task from Practical Action.
- Experiment: What happens when you replace a battery with a lemon? Hamish1979 explains.
- Wrap it up: Generate some heat in the classroom with EdComs' role cards to stimulate a climate change debate.
To find out more about Earth Hour, visit www.earthhour.org.