The shopping list
* Well read: the post-16 quiz winners.
* Opening tactics: Wayne Jacobs with supporters.
* Make it snappy: choosing a poster.
* Textbook examples: bookfair helpers.
* Lee Eastbourne, left, and Dilesh Chouhan with Gunnar Halle.
* Read letter day: Jennifer Almond meets Wayne and Gunnar.
Name: Anne Farr. Position: senior lecturer in early years at Newman college of higher education, Birmingham.
Q If you had David Blunkett's budget what would your priority be?
A Purpose-built early-years centres. I'd ensure that all staff had the opportunity to gain qualifications for in-service training. I'd give rises to all nursery nures and support staff.
Q If you had a blank cheque for your own school what would you buy?
A As early-years co-ordinator of a new course I'd make sure all students had access to laptops and digital cameras. I'd also take my students to look at early-years education in other countries and I'd invite all the people who have inspired us over the years to speak and give workshops.
Q What treat would you buy yourself?
A I'd take Peter, my husband, to a beautiful estate in Scotland for the summer. He would get all the attention he doesn't get during the rest of the year. He might even teach me to fish.
Ann Farr was talking to Stephanie Northen. If you'd like to publish a shopping list for education, please e-mail email@example.com