Spanish agent

20th May 2005 at 01:00
I have a Mexican friend who would like to teach Spanish in the UK. What is the best course to take regarding visas, training and job prospects?

The key issue is whether your friend can obtain the necessary visa to allow employment in the UK. Spanish is more popular in British schools now, so we need teachers fluent in the language. However, the shortages of a few years ago are now history. It might be sensible for your friend to contact one of the agencies that provide temporary staff to schools. Many larger agencies have considerable experience in bringing in teachers from overseas. The Teacher Training Agency website provides useful information.


Subscribe to get access to the content on this page.

If you are already a Tes/ Tes Scotland subscriber please log in with your username or email address to get full access to our back issues, CPD library and membership plus page.

Not a subscriber? Find out more about our subscription offers.
Subscribe now
Existing subscriber?
Enter subscription number


The guide by your side – ensuring you are always up to date with the latest in education.

Get Tes magazine online and delivered to your door. Stay up to date with the latest research, teacher innovation and insight, plus classroom tips and techniques with a Tes magazine subscription.
With a Tes magazine subscription you get exclusive access to our CPD library. Including our New Teachers’ special for NQTS, Ed Tech, How to Get a Job, Trip Planner, Ed Biz Special and all Tes back issues.

Subscribe now