ART AND DESIGN
- More than 100 S3 Auchinleck Academy pupils have had their first taste of the design process, with the launch of Interaction, an architecture- inspired project in nine secondary schools across East Ayrshire. Pupils start by working on individual designs for a moveable structure to be used in selling products made in school.
Faith and Glow
- Religious leaders tuned in to Glow at Isobel Mair School in East Renfrewshire last month to take part in an online discussion with young people about how religion and spirituality affect health and well-being today. Archbishop of Glasgow, Mario Conti, imam Habib of Glasgow Central Mosque, and rabbi Rubin of the Jewish community of Scotland were joined by representatives of the Church of Scotland, the Scottish Episcopal Church, the Sikh, Hindu and Buddhist communities and the Scottish InterFaith Council.
- Kelvinside Academy in Glasgow has hosted its first business breakfast, featuring a presentation from Donald Stewart, managing director of the Forrest Group, which has interests in advertising media and property across the UK. The event was attended by pupils, parents and former pupils who have gone on to establish their own business enterprises.
- From 12-16 November, the BBC and British Council are running World Class - live debates online every day on the theme "use your voice" to mark International Education Week. Throughout the week, young people will have the opportunity to discuss with other schools across the world the issues that concern them.
- Writers and schools in Scotland have been invited to take part in competitions around Hansel and Gretel. The Grimms' fairytale is the focus of a creative project by Scottish Ballet, Hansel amp; Gretel amp; Me. The events are a collaborative venture between Scottish Ballet and the National Library of Scotland. bit.lyS6jGgn.