* Develop partnerships with the wider community - parents, local clubs, volunteers, sports development.
* Look at active travel - develop safe routes to school, promote cycling and walking to school.
* Improve your playground - look at the environment, markings, green areas and activities available at playtime. Develop new games and training opportunities for supervisors.
* Try to develop opportunities within the curriculum - physical education, health education, environmental studies, and in-service opportunities for school staff.
* Look for potential outwith the curriculum too - after-school clubs, breakfast clubs and local leisure centres.
Useful websites www.sportscotland.org.uk