Turning pupils into informed democrats
* Six explanatory sheets for14-16 year-olds on such topics as How Parliament Discusses Things
* Fact sheets for students studying A-level politics and above. List of 67 sheets available
* Illustrated booklets such as The Speaker of the House of Commons. which explains, among other things, why the Speaker is so called, when she (or he) is the only member of the Commons not able to make speeches
* The Glorious Revolution School Pack
* Six wallcharts available as a set or individually.
* Inside Britain's Parliament a 17-minute video aimed at 10-14-year-olds that provides a basic introduction to the workings of Westminster. Available on loan only.
* Order a 54-minute video for 14-18-year-olds, that follows the progress of the 1992 election. Price Pounds 9.99 from the Parliamentary Bookshop, 12 Bridge Street, London SW1A 2JX
* The unit organises school visits to both Houses of Parliament. Schools wishing to visit independently should contact either their local MP or a member of the House of Lords. There is an information sheet Educational Visits to Parliament that gives full details about how best to arrange this.
* The Education Unit is at Room L210, 1 Derby Gate, London SW1A 2DG. Tel: 0171 219 475065732105
* Education Showstand J31