* October 27-29 Acorn World exhibition, Wembley exhibition centre, London. Special education conference on first day. Admission exhibition Pounds 6 (details: 01223 254222or Acorn Web site http:www.acorn.co.uk); conference Pounds 20 (details: 0181 364 5220).
* November 6-7 Special Needs Education Exhibition and Seminars, Business Design Centre, Islington, London N1. 9.30am-6pm daily. Details: Nick Lerner, 13 Tottenham Mews, London WlP 9PJ. Tel 0171 637 3378.
* November 9-10 Macintosh: The Next Decade conference running alongside Apple Expo 95 at Olympia II Conference Centre. Education on first day. Speakers include Professor Stephen Heppell (Ultralab research project), Tony Wheeler (Tag Developments) and Lesley Kinloch (Apple Europe). Pounds 145 (plus VAT) for one session to Pounds 450 for four (discounts on early bookings). Some free seminars. Details: 0171 208 5008 or Web site http.www.apple-expo.comapple.
* November 23-24 Multimedia Publishing for Education conference, Forte Crest Regent's Park Hotel, London. Organised by AIC Conferences in association with Electronic Publishing Services and endorsed by the Publishers Association. Registration: Pounds 795 (plus VAT), discounts available. Details: AIC, 100 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8NX. Tel 0171 242 2324.Fax 0171 242 2320.
* January 10-13, 1996 BETT technology in education exhibition at National Hall, Olympia in London. Includes seminars on all the latest IT solutions, Class Act '96 "non-selling" area, The Net @ BETT, software publishing centre and Micros for Special Needs area. Tickets free from hotline 0181 984 7711. Details from Andrew Wilkinson on 0171 208 5027.
* February 2, 1996 One-day conference on "Information Technology, Disability and Life-long Learning" for staff from special needs organisations at Church House Conference Centre, Dean's Yard, Westminster, London SW1. Registration: Pounds 95 (plus VAT). Details from National Council for Educational Technology, Milburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry CV4 7JJ. Tel 01203 416994. extension 2114 email: trace firstname.lastname@example.org.
* February 9-12, 1996 Milia '96 (the highly regarded international multimedia publishing industry conference) in Cannes, will focus on on-line opportunities. Details: Reed Midem Organisation, Metropolis House, 22 Percy Street, London WlP 9FF. Tel 0171 528 0086.