Where's my DFes number?

1st October 2004 at 01:00
Q: You know how you think you've put something in a safe place? Well I can't find my Department for Education and Skillls number. If I don't manage to find it, is there something I can do?

A: The number should be on your certificate for qualified teacher status. Or you can contact the General Teaching Council for England. Try enquiries on 0870 001 0308 or the GTC induction team on 0121 345 00813.

Subscribe to get access to the content on this page.

If you are already a Tes/ Tes Scotland subscriber please log in with your username or email address to get full access to our back issues, CPD library and membership plus page.

Not a subscriber? Find out more about our subscription offers.
Subscribe now
Existing subscriber?
Enter subscription number


The guide by your side – ensuring you are always up to date with the latest in education.

Get Tes magazine online and delivered to your door. Stay up to date with the latest research, teacher innovation and insight, plus classroom tips and techniques with a Tes magazine subscription.
With a Tes magazine subscription you get exclusive access to our CPD library. Including our New Teachers’ special for NQTS, Ed Tech, How to Get a Job, Trip Planner, Ed Biz Special and all Tes back issues.

Subscribe now