1. I Feel The Earth Move, You’ve Got A Friend and (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman are all songs from the album Tapestry by which artist?
2. Who resigned as the general secretary of the Communist Party of the USSR on 24 August 1991?
3. What term is used to describe a horse that has been castrated?
4. Claret is a drink originating in what French wine region?
5. Who won a Best Actress Academy Award for her role as June Carter Cash in the 2005 film Walk The Line?
6. Which French artist painted Impression, Sunrise in 1872?
7. What was the currency of Portugal before they adopted the Euro?
8. What is the tenth letter of the Greek alphabet?
9. What name is given to the ship’s officer in charge of equipment and the crew?
10. In which mythology was ambrosia the food and drink of the gods?
Scroll down for the answers...
1. Carole King
2. Mikhail Gorbachev
3. A gelding
5. Reece Witherspoon
6. Claude Monet
Questions set by John Cunnane