1. Who became acting president of Egypt on 28 September 1970 following the death of the incumbent, Gamal Nasser?
2. Which religion celebrates Holi, also known as the festival of colours?
3. Published in 1897, who wrote the novel The Invisible Man?
4. What word can mean an uncertain situation or period, a Caribbean dance and, in Catholic theology, a place between heaven and hell?
5. On which racecourse is the French classic horse race the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe run?
6. Which legume forms the base of the Levantine dip, hummus?
7. Originally a fur trading business, which Canadian firm is the oldest commercial corporation in North America?
8. What is the capital city of Morocco?
9. Allison Janney won the 2018 Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role as LaVona Golden in which film?
10. MDCCCLXXXVIII is the longest representation of a year in Roman numerals (13 characters). What year is it?
1. Anwar Sadat
3. HG Wells
7. Hudson’s Bay Company
9. I, Tonya
Questions set by John Cunnane