Young actors

Heads with aspiring luvvies on their roll will be interested in a guidance note produced by the Department of Health.

Children who take part in professional performances require a licence from the local authority. This guidance outlines the circumstances that would require a licence and explains the exemptions - which include school events.

Children taking part in paid modelling and sport are among those requiring a licence, as are those working in film or TV, taking part in performances on licensed premises and in the majority of performance work for which a charge is made. The guidance notes can be found at

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you