This new online application form for teaching jobs was created by Tes based on the best practice of hundreds of schools in the UK, and follows extensive research with teachers. The form:
- Automatically personalises itself with your school’s name and logo
- Contains all the information schools across the UK have told us they need (teacher training information, education and employment history, criminal declarations)
- Provides separate equal opportunities monitoring
- Pushes candidates to write a fresh personal statement for each school
- But lets teachers autofill standard information from their Career Profiles, making it easier and more attractive for them to apply
- Can be shared with interviewers, once completed, as a printable PDF (See an example)
Teachers are twice as likely to complete a job application on Tes if a school uses the Tes Online Application Form instead of uploading its own form.*
As well as being straightforward and reliable for schools, the form increases the chance of applications from time-poor teachers. It also allows recruiters to see more detailed information on candidates in Tes's free Applicant Tracking System available on their School Portal.
*Tes report, based on 11,419 submitted applications over the 30 days up to January 20, 2017.