A range of Carroll Diagrams for the classification and sorting of information. Themes include categories such as odd/even numbers, in the 5 times table/not in the 5 times table which hit multiple maths curriculum targets in one activity. Alternatively, there are cross-curricular and popular culture themes, e.g. animals, Star Wars and Pop Artists.
- interpret and construct simple tables (Year 2)
- interpret and present data using tables (Year 3)
- identify and describe the properties of 2D shapes, including the number of sides and line symmetry in a vertical line (Year 2)
- identify right angles (Year 3)
- recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables, including recognising odd and even numbers (Year 2)
- use the language of more than, less than (Year 1)