A complete and 'ready to deliver' KS3 lesson.
Breathing (inhaling and exhaling) and lung capacity.
1) Describe the “process” of “inhaling” and “exhaling”.
2) Describe how a “bell jar” can be used to model what happens during breathing.
3) Explain how to measure lung “volume”.
This is a complete lesson from start to end, you do NOT need to spend hours carefully planning and resourcing this lesson – I have already spent those hours preparing this lesson for you.
There is nothing to do but give it a quick read through and familiarise yourself with it, and if necessary, take some simple decisions the lesson guides you to make before delivering it. You may also wish to remove a few slides to reduce its length if required for your particular group of learners.
The lesson contains:
* Need list – telling you what to photocopy or what kit to order etc
* Notes to help the teacher
* Title & lesson objectives (as above).
* Starter task where students self-assess themselves against each objective
* Scientific literacy activity
* Homework (you choose whether your learners need to do it)
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Paired work activities with answers.
* Theory slides (minimal – interspaced with thinking activities - not ‘death by powerpoint’)
* Practicals in groups – with scaffolding text
* Equipment list - to give to your technicians (excel file).
* Numeracy activity
* Gap fill activity – answers are provided
* Plenary formative/summative assessment activity / quiz
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by 'Barclayfox' once they appear on TES.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
Thank you for your time.
About this lesson.
This lesson is one of a set of 4, these are titled:
L1 Cells, tissues and organs.
L2 Gas exchange and alveoli.
L3 Breathing (inhale and exhale).
L4 Skeleton, joints and muscles.
You may find it useful to buy all the lessons in the set as they are linked together (for example a homework maybe given in one lesson and then tested in another).