Make study of the Unit Circle meaningful with this inquiry project. . Students do not just memorize the unit circle, they deduce how it is created. Students derive the points on the unit circle as well as discover the true Students complete a table of the relationships within a unit circle, an essential reference tool for Pre-Calculus.
There are 2 complete options for this project:
- Option A for interactive notebooks.
- Option B (p. 10-12) for posterboard or other presentation format.
This resource includes:
- Student handouts for project
- Two level of options for differentiation
- Two sets of circle templates
- Teacher directions
Student benefits of learning the unit circle through inquiry:
- visualize why trig functions are what they are
- find ratios
- stop memorizing
- help for finding Pythagorean identities
Trigonometry Resources Include:
- Trigonometric Functions: Notes, Practice and Card Sort for Trigonometry
- Sine, Cosine and Tangent: Practice and Review Activity (Not available elsewhere in the store)
- Trigonometric Functions: Architecture Mini-Project for Real-World Trigonometry
- Trigonometric Function:Word Problems Practice/Review Activity for Trig Functions
- Trigonometric Functions:Practice and Review Activity on Trig - Math Detective
- Trigonometric Functions: Cosecant, Secant and Cotangent Practice and Review
- Law of Sines: Notes and Practice for Law of Sines (Trigonometry)
- Law of Sines: Task Cards for Practice and Review Activity
- Law of Cosines: Notes and Practice on the Law of Cosines
- Trigonometry: Law of Cosines Coded Message activity for law of cosine
- Trigonometry:Angles of Depression and Elevation- Notes and Practice
- Trigonometric Functions:Mixed Practice and Review of Trigonometric Functions
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.