Our popular Class Poem activity has been updated for New Year 2018! This is a great one-off literacy activity and a wonderful teamwork project to help your class transition into the new year 2018! You could use this as a great way to start a new year, as pupils come together in unity to create a new class poem using the letters in the name of their class.
The pack contains a Powerpoint lesson, teacher instructions and pupil resources - everything you need for this fun poetry lesson, including teamwork games and a fun new year project based on making and performing a class poem.
The activity allows pupils to work together to make a class poem that spells out the name of their new class. The session is based around Edward Lear’s ‘Alphabet Poem’ and the activities include suggestions for adapting the lesson for different ages and abilities across KS1 or KS2.
This resource is structured in the following way:
1. Fun teamwork activities and games including name games, a classroom hunt activity, a paper-chain race and 'Find Someone Who' bingo.
2. A poetry time activity following the lesson Powerpoint to help the class to become familiar with Edward Lear’s ‘Alphabet Poem’. There are different options to adapt this for different age groups.
3. A group activity in which pupils create their own stanzas for the alphabet poem, using the letters that spell out your class name or their new teacher's name.
4. A whole class performance of the new poem.
Check out our other popular resource packs:
All About Me Time Capsule
Recipe for a Happy Newl Year!
Autumn Poetry Pack KS1
All About Me Fidget Spinner Pack
Stone Age Boy Pack
Please follow the steps below to access your files:
1. Return to this page.
2.Further down the page you’ll see the files included within the Resource listed under the header ‘Files Included’. You may need to click on the ‘See all Resources’ to view them all.
3. Use the download arrow icons found to the left of each of the file names for each separate file.