The theme for this unit study is Animal Homes.
This Artistic Nature-Science Unit Study, with 70 pages published in PDF format, covers the unique homes of over 30 different creatures, including beavers, prairie dogs, badgers, chipmunks, crabs, flying squirrels, muskrats, tree frogs, birds, and more:
- Follow moles and rabbits underground and see inside their burrows.
- Find out why bats sleep upside down.
- Discover a prairie dog town.
- Find out how squirrels build their nests.
- Find out about frogs that live out their entire life cycle 200 feet up in the jungle tree tops.
That’s the science side of this Artistic Nature-Science Unit Study. But half (about every second page) of this unit study is also about art:
- Learn valuable art principles while coloring beautiful, high-quality pictures of
- sea shells
- flying squirrels gliding across the night sky
- beaver dams
- a nature kaleidoscope.
- Design your own tortoise shell or seashell.
- Paint a silhouette of an animal at sunset.
We also provide a report form so your kids can write reports on animal homes, plus word search puzzles, mazes, dot-to-dots, hidden animal tracks, and more.
So get ready to be inspired! Download this book and get started on your Art & Nature-Science Unit on Animal Homes today! And don’t forget to tell your friends that it costs so little for so much fun and educational value!
This was originally published as issue #6 of the popular Artistic Nature Magazine, no longer produced as a magazine. The editor, Joymarie Dunlap, was the leading writer for The Teaching Home magazine for 10 years. She homeschooled her 5 kids from preschool to high school graduation. After The Teaching Home stopped publishing in 2001, she founded LightHome Publications and has created over 70 books for homeschoolers.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.