This series of lessons covers the fifth depth study: The Nile Valley, 1882–98.
The lesson is ready to teach and includes all resources in the power point. The lessons refer to the textbook "Britain: Losing and gaining and Empire, 1763 - 1914" (Christie, 2016 Pearson) although other textbooks could be used with the lessons.
During this lesson, pupils will:
* Investigate the nature of the British occupation of Egypt through source analysis (postcard showing the Royal Irish Regiment)
* Define the term - Veiled protectorate
* Identify reasons for the British invasion through analysis of political cartoons from the time.
* Use the text to identify and explain the most significant reasons for British intervention/invasion of Egypt.
* Investigate primary sources to identify the key aspects of and nature of the invasion of Egypt with focus on the Bombardment of Alexandria.
Check out my shop (Click on my username above) for more free and premium resources including more lessons from this unit.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 50%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
*Four Full Lessons* The Nile Valley 1882 - 98 (Edexcel A-Level History)
This bundle contains four full lessons covering Key Topic Five: The Nile Valley 1882 - 98 new Edexcel A-Level History course, Britain loosing and gaining an Empire 1763 - 1914. The bundle contains the following lessons: Lesson 1 - Reasons for British Occupation Lesson 2 - British Invasion of Egypt Lesson 3 - British involvement in Sudan Lesson 4 - Gordon, Kitchener and Sudan The lessons are ready to teach and include worksheets and sources. The lessons refers to the textbook "Britain: Losing and gaining and Empire, 1763 - 1914" (Christie, 2016 Pearson) although other textbooks could be used with the lessons. Check out my shop (click on my username above) for more free and premium resources including breadth and key topics for this unit. If you buy this bundle, please leave a review. Thanks
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.