This SOUNDS FOR READING resource consists of 16 worksheets offering a variety of interesting activities to consolidate the learning of the OU sound.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
It is particularly suited to ONE TO ONE tutoring sessions and has been used successfully to drive up standards of reading in pupils struggling with reading and with EAL pupils.
6 'ou' words<br />
This is a set of resources for the 'ou' sound.<br />
It includes:<br />
- PowerPoint : Words with no sound buttons for support. Read the word and click on the correct picture. <br />
- PowerPoint : Words with sound buttons for support. Read the word and click on the correct picture. <br />
- Match the word and picture activity (resources to be laminated)<br />
- Worksheet: Cut and stick the 'ou’ word next to the corresponding picture.<br />
- Worksheet: Write the 'ou' word next to the picture (includes a set with phoneme frames for support).<br />
Copyright: The resources are for personal use (or use within your school only) and distribution is not permitted. <br />
All images are CC0 (no attribution required) or my personal photos.<br />
Two 'soft c&' word play worksheets.\nEncourages children to focus on how words can change when one or two letters are taken away.\nMy class really enjoyed this activity.\n\nWrite a &';soft c' story about Cinderella worksheet.
Two pages focusing on both long ea sound and short ea sound. \nChildren read words and put them into the box where they belong. \nLittle 'ea' sound quiz. 'Ea' pictures which children write sentences about.
<p>A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.</p>
This simple sheet helps parents of young learners pronounce each phoneme.<br />
This resource can easily be edited to meet the needs of your parents.<br />
It will help parents teach their young learners correctly at home.<br />
In the past, I have given this sheet out to Reception and year 1 parents to enable them to support their children.<br />
Can be used with new staff too!<br />
Can be used to support PHONIC SCREENINNG preparation.