Template to assist students prepare for 45 minute source analysis test using the 5 questions in ATAR course;
1. Compare and contrast message of source 1 and source 2
2. Evaluate the usefulness in terms of strengths and weaknesses of source 1 and source 2 as representation of…
3. Explain the historical context of source 3
4. Identify and account for the author’s perspective in sources 3 and 4 regarding the impact of …
5. Evaluate the extent to which the four sources give an accurate insight into (significant idea) in (society) during (the period of study)
Includes separate preparation template table page for each question, with hints and tips for completing each. Also includes (very formulaic) response template page including generic vocab/phrases to assist students develop confidence with writing.
Great for guided prep before assessment or practice tests. Students can prepare table for homework and write response under test conditions or vice versa. Also works well as group activity, print preparation table page on A3, have students collaborate on prep and use resulting information to write own response.