These PowerPoints contains 16 weeks’ worth of daily challenges (80 in all). Aimed at youngsters in KS2 and lower KS3. There is a mixture of English and maths challenges, thinking skills, logic puzzles and visual literacy.
The resource contains two PowerPoints - one has the challenges arranged so that, for example, you get five maths challenges in a particular week or five spelling challenges. The second PowerPoint contains the same challenges but each week is a mixed bag.
Some of the challenges are open-ended. Those having an answer are followed by an answer slide.
The themes covered are:
- Geography Recipes - work out the amounts needed to make each city.
- Emoji Sums - emoji figures instead of numbers. Great fun!
- Anagram-azing - all the anagrams are words from the NC Word Lists.
- Words Within Words - just how many words can you make from one word?
- Thinking Skills - let your imagination go wild!
- Matchstick Puzzles - these should be easy but…
- Visual Literacy - some great pictures to think about, discuss and maybe write about.
- Word Sums - where did all those peanuts go?
- Planet Recipes - work out the amounts needed to make each planet.
- Multiplication Facts - a multiplication grid to fill in.
If you enjoy using this resource then we would love you to leave us a review.
All the money raised from the sale of our resources goes to a local charity for children called MedEquip4Kids.