A set of poetry workshops to cover classes in KS2 and lower KS3.
In this resource bundle David Horner, children’s poet in residence here at Goodeyedeers, shares with you four typical workshop session he did when he was working in schools across the country and abroad.
A comprehensive set of notes set out in detail how David would have organised a typical visit to school. Each package includes all the resources you will need to duplicate the sessions:
- Three animated videos where David reads out three of his poems using a number of unusual characters to help him!
- Text of each of these poems for the children to have as they follow the readings.
- Suggestions, in the Teachers’ Notes, as to how you might follow this first session up.
- A PowerPoint containing a complete workshop lesson for you to do with the children to get them writing their own poetry.
- A set of notes to accompany each of the slides that talk you through the lesson.
We hope that you and your children enjoy this resource.
If you have any comments we would love to hear from you. You can leave a review or contact us through Twitter @goodeyedeers
All the money we make from the sale of our resources goes to a local charity for children called MedEquip4Kids