This resource contains a PowerPoint lesson to support the delivery of the Year 2 Addition and Subtraction - Autumn Term - Block 2 White Rose (WRM) ‘small steps’ programme. This PowerPoint is for Week 1.
The resource contains a fully editable and interactive 85-slide PowerPoint lesson that contains tasks and activities (pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and includes reasoning and problem-solving tasks.
The PowerPoint focuses on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 2 Maths’ National Curriculum Objectives
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100.
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two-digit number and ones; a two-digit number and tens; two two-digit numbers; adding three one-digit numbers.
- Solve problems with addition and subtraction: using concrete objects and pictorial representations, including those involving numbers, quantities and measures; applying their increasing knowledge of mental and written methods.
- Recognise and use the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction and use this to check calculations and solve missing number problems.
White Rose Small Steps
- Fact families
- Addition and subtraction bonds to 20
- Check calculation
- Compare number sentence
- Related facts
You may also be interested in an accompanying 21-page workbook and progress check which can be used alongside the PowerPoint.
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow.