This resource contains a workbook (with answers and progress check) of mastery maths resources to support the delivery of the Year 2 Number: Addition and Subtraction Block 2 - Autumn Term White Rose (WRM) small steps programme. These resources are for Week 4.
The workbook contains 20 worksheets / activities (concrete, pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and includes reasoning and problem-solving tasks. The workbooks are available in both PDF and word format to enable editing.
The resources focus on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 2 Maths National Curriculum Objectives
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently
- Derive and use related facts up to 100
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two-digit number and ones; a two-digit number and tens; two two-digit numbers; adding three one-digit numbers
- Show that the addition of two numbers can be done in any order (commutative) and subtraction of one number from another cannot.
- Solve problems with addition and subtraction: using concrete objects and pictorial representations, including those involving numbers, quantities and measures; applying their increasing knowledge of mental and written methods.
- Recognise and use the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction and use this to check calculations and solve missing number problems.
White Rose Small Steps
- Subtract a 2-digit number from a 2-digit number not crossing ten
- Subtract a 2-digit number from a 2-digit number crossing ten
- Subtract ones and tens
- Bonds to 100 (tens and ones)
- Add three 1-digit numbers
You may also be interested in:
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow.