Teach students how the number of protons, neutrons and electrons in an atom are calculated along with what isotopes are and how the relative atomic mass of isotopes is determined.
Complete lesson with interactive PPT with 5 page worksheet teaching students atomic number, mass number, isotopes and relative atomic mass.
• Be able to define (a) atomic number, (b) mass number, © isotope and (d) relative atomic mass (Ar)
• Be able to calculate the number of protons, neutrons and electrons using an element’s atomic number and mass number
• Be able to work out which isotope is most abundant when given the mass numbers and Ar
No prep resources included
- Student worksheet with tasks using literacy and numeracy skills and extension exercises
- Complete interactive PPT.
Please see the preview for all worksheets
All resources are fully editable
History of the Atom, Atomic Structure and Electron Arrangement
Atomic Structure activity and worksheet
Atoms & the Periodic Table: Quiz, Quiz, Trade
Covalent bonding complete lesson
Ionic Bonding complete lesson
I value your feedback greatly as it helps grow my shop and helps determine which products are most valuable for your classroom.
Follow me to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
All materials copyright School Sciences 2018-present