6 Focus Areas (22 ready to print activities) to help children practise skills for Narrative Writing. All based on topics about Australia. All are printable, include instructions and have answers where applicable.
Use for whole class, group work, partner or individual work. Perfect for a Writing Centre.
Also offered as part of a bundle ‘Australia – Writing Activities’
Includes: Clauses x2, Transition Words, Recount Skills, Writing a Description, Figurative Language
Clauses - 2 printable worksheets with answers
- completing sentences and identifying clauses
Clauses (printable cards to print and make sentences) (often with hilarious results)
-very successful in motivating reluctant writers!
- Includes lesson notes on different ways the cards can be used and suggestions for differentiation.
- 9 printable activities
- Choosing, identifying and using Transition words
- Writing a paragraph and introduction/orientation (includes peer/self-editing guidelines and a graphic organiser)
- printable worksheet with answers
- identifying when/who/where/why and arranging in sentences
- opportunity for extension from sentence to paragraph to narrative
Writing a description
- 4 activities on a 2-page printable worksheet
- read and draw a character to match
- draw a face from options given
- study a face and describe it
- expanding characters information and writing an Introduction for a narrative (includes graphic organiser)
– Australian Idioms
- 5 fun activities over 3 printable pages
- matching, interpreting, expanding sentences, completing sentences, writing a paragraph (scaffolded)