In this activity, students role-play in pairs, with one student acting as doctor and the other as patient. Patients pick up a card and get advice from the doctor according to their information. Doctors write the patient’s information on the consultation card as they get it, and refer to it to confirm and give advice. Roles can then be reversed, with doctor becoming patient and taking a patient card.
The Schools Health Education Unit (SHEU) have been talking to young people, about their health and wellbeing, for over 30 years. Responses from over 400,000 12-15 year olds cover issues about visiting and feeling at ease with the doctor.
This amazing ‘Health Theme’ lesson is… <br />
• beautifully designed <br />
• 4-pages in length and may be formatted into a 4-page booklet<br />
• provided in both black & white and colored versions<br />
• perfect for students learning English as a Second Language<br />
• perfect for students whose first language is English<br />
• based on an age-appropriate topic<br />
This wonderful lesson allows students to…<br />
• practice reading, writing, listening and speaking skills<br />
• learn theme-based vocabulary <br />
• attempt many different styles of questions<br />
• express their creativity<br />
• engage in a relevant and meaningful learning experience<br />
A bundle of Vaughan M. Blaney’s lessons may be used …<br />
• to supplement any curriculum being taught in a school<br />
• as a school's sole curriculum<br />
• as supplementary material for the individualized needs of specific students<br />
• as the curriculum for special holiday programs<br />
• as the curriculum for summer school programs
Lesson where students explore persuasive techniques used in a water aid advert. Which can be found here:
Students then create their own advert for this cause.
Good Section A and B preparation for non-fiction exam (AQA)
Children loved making pizzas at our Italian pizza class. Resources have been exported from an Activ-primary flip-chart. (Which also includes Italian Pizzeria style music.) Fun to play when the children are making their pizzas or working. If you would like original please message me.<br />
Check out my other resources at - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/jreadshaw
These ‘Library Challenge’ cards were made for my class library, but they could be used in a school library as well. The idea was just to get the children excited about reading and properly engaged with the books, and they’ve really enjoyed working through the activities – an added bonus being that I use this work to decorate the walls of our library. <br />
There’s a selection of 10 Library Challenge Cards, plus a ‘Library Challenge of the Week’ which just allows for changing things up a little without having to print and laminate more cards.
22 comprehension style worksheets (1 per book) that I have made based on the Rigby Star Guided Reading books. The children can complete them after or during guided reading. I will add more as I make them. <br />
Books I have covered are:<br />
Rollercoaster, Elvis and the Space Junk, Always Elephant, Clever Chick, The Gizmo's party, The Ice-cream Factory, The Woman Who Fooled the Fairies, Mantu the Elephant, The Monster is Coming, The Gizmo's trip, The Picky Prince, Count on Your Body, Quork attack, Headfirst into the Porride, The Singing Giant, Josie and the puppy, The Ambulance Service, The Perfect Pizza, Rabbit's Surprise Birthday, Peanuts, The King of the Birds and The Cherokee Little People.<br />
Thank you for downloading. Please look for the large files (Flip -chart and PDF) which contain all the resources without the Paws & Clause watermark. Check out my other resources at - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/jreadshaw
Three differentiated worksheets, suitable for Year 1 & 2 pupils. <br />
1 - Storyboard sheet with pictures and lines underneath for able writers to write each part of the story.<br />
2 - Storyboard sheet with pictures and parts of the story with gaps for pupils to fill in.<br />
3 - Complete storyboard in the wrong order for less able pupils to cut out and sequence.