This A-level Biology game is designed to help students to explore the following concepts:
• polymorphism, in this case variation in a phenotypic feature (bear colour)
• action of selection pressures
• adaptation of populations through natural selection
• genetic drift through chance occurrences
• variation in the environment leading to balanced polymorphism and possibly allopatric
The game should be played as an exercise in reinforcement and expansion of understanding of these concepts after the basic content of evolution by natural selection has been introduced.
This could be used as part of the AS course for Biology A or B and in support of the A-level.