The quiz contains 100 questions with varying degrees of challenge. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. The answers can be found by clicking on the question mark image on each slide. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. An answer sheet is provided to allow individuals/teams to record their answers.
- What is the longest bone in the human body?
- In humans, the atlas and axis bones are found in which part of the body?
- Otology is the study of which part of the body?
- In medicine what do the initials MRI stand for?
- Which disease has broken out in the Republic of Congo 2 years after it ended in West Africa?
- Singultus is more commonly known as what type of action in humans?
- How many pairs of chromosomes are in found in most humans?
- What is the largest internal organ of the human body?
The amazing biology facts presentation is a fully editable 105 slide PowerPoint presentation. Sample facts include
- The human mouth produces 1 litre of saliva each day. In a lifetime, the average person produces about 28413 litres of saliva; enough to fill two swimming pools!
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth.
- If all the DNA in a human body is stretched out, it would reach to the moon 6,000 times.
- The power generated by our brain when we are awake is enough to light up a bulb.
- The mucus from a human sneeze can travel up to 100 miles per hour.
- The acid released in our stomach during digestion, hydrochloric acid, is strong enough to dissolve a razor blade.
The PowerPoint also contains hyperlinks to the world's tallest tree; an octopus squeezing through a small hole; dolphins sleeping; the call of the blue whale and the lyrebird mimicking a chainsaw.
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide:
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step-by-Step Guide
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.