The bundle includes:
1. A PowerPoint presentation on the life of Martin Luther King Junior and his leading role in the civil rights movement. The PowerPoint contains hyperlinks to some of his famous speeches - I Have a Dream, The Mountaintop, The Drum Major.
2. A fully editable and informative 85 slide PowerPoint presentation on Black History Month. It contains references to the history of Black History Month, The Slave Trade, the abolition of slavery, the Civil Rights Movement and influential people in civil rights movement. It contains hyperlinks to Bob Marley's 'Buffalo Soldiers,' Martin Luther's 'I Have a Dream' speech, Nelson Mandela's story and an interview with Morgan Freeman explaining why he does not want a Black History Month.
3. This resource contains a 65 slide PowerPoint presentation on the life of Rosa Parks, the famous civil rights activist who refused to give up her seat to a white person on the Montgomery bus, which was the catalyst for the Montgomery Bus Boycott and subsequent civil rights campaigns that eventually led to major civil rights reforms for African -Americans in the United States. It also contains hyperlinks to Rosa receiving the Congressional Medal from President Clinton and a short video on her life and achievements.
4. A, 50 question PowerPoint quiz on Black History Month. There are 3 multiple choice answers. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. An answer sheet is provided to record answers.
1. Where can most black Americans trace back their original roots to?
2. What was the name of the operation that helped slaves escape to the North of America during the mid-1800s?
3. Who refused to give up her seat at the front of the bus to a white passenger?
4. Which British Member of Parliament, led the anti-slavery movement in the UK?
5. What was the name of the anti-slavery book written by American author, Harriet Beecher
If you buy this resource and are pleased with your purchase, I would be extremely grateful if you could leave a review. As a token of appreciation, you can have a free resource of your choice up to the same value as your purchased resource. Just email email@example.com with your user name, the resource you have reviewed and the resource you would like for free.
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide:
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step-by-Step Guide
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating. It is greatly appreciated.
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.