This is an ideal resource for Black History Month (African-American Month) that falls in October in the UK and February in the USA and will help students' Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development by learning about the history and heritage of communities and the lives of those that overcame the challenges they faced.
The bundle includes:
1. A 60 slide PowerPoint presentation on the life of Martin Luther King Junior and his leading role in the civil rights movement. The PowerPoint contains hyperlinks to some of his famous speeches - I Have a Dream, The Mountaintop, The Drum Major.
2. A fully editable and informative 87 slide PowerPoint presentation on Black History Month. It contains references to the history of Black History Month, The Slave Trade, the abolition of slavery, the Civil Rights Movement and influential people in civil rights movement.
It also contains hyperlinks to Bob Marley's 'Buffalo Soldiers,' Martin Luther's 'I Have a Dream' speech, Nelson Mandela's story and interview with Morgan Freeman explaining why he does not want a Black History Month.
3. An accompanying 50 question PowerPoint quiz on Black History Month - there are 3 multiple choice answers. The quiz can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. An answer sheet is provided to record answers.
- Where can most black Americans trace back their original roots to?
- What was the name of the operation that helped slaves escape to the North of America?
- Who refused to give up her seat on a bus to a white passenger?
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
More Black History Resources
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide